Being a man in the 21st century can be quite challenging. When was the last time you really took the time to pamper yourself?
Exfoliating your skin?
File your nails?
Don’t worry, we understand that taking care of yourself isn’t among your top priorities. But maybe today is the day to make a change.
Today is the day to start enjoying life a bit more, by giving yourself a little TLC.
This means taking that extra time to care for your skin and grooming presentation in the morning and getting away from that pile of dirty clothes at the end of the bed!
We can’t help you with the clean clothes, but we can help you look a whole lot better!
Just check out the video above or check our Best Electric Razors Article for more detailed reviews.
|Williams Lectric Shave||Best Overall|
|GFDesign Electric Shaver Cleaning Brushes Razor Cleaner Set Nylon Bristles PP Handle||Budget Pick|
|Braun Electric Razor||Upgrade Pick|
1. Williams Lectric Shave
- It’s a great value for the money
- It’s easy to use and the results are pretty impressive for an electric shaver
- You get a close shave with little effort
- You get dozens of shaves per charge
- Not ideal for large areas
- It’s not the quietest shaver on the market
The Williams Lectric Shave Company produces high-end rotary shaving systems used by professionals all over the world. The company has been in business for over 30 years and this is the first time they’ve ventured into the electric shaver market.
The Williams Lectric Shave is a wet/dry razor that can be used with shaving cream or gel. It’s a 5-blade razor that includes a trimmer and a neat storage case. The razor features a light indicator that illuminates when it’s fully charged, which only takes about an hour.
The shaving heads feature five stainless steel blades, which do an excellent job of shaving. The trimmer is shaper made and it allows for quick detailing of sideburns, mustaches, and even cutting the hair on your neck.
2. Braun Electric Razor
- Shaves fast and close
- 90 minutes of cordless shaving
- Quite easy to clean with the cleaning station
- Doesn’t leave you with any nicks or cuts
- Multi-head shaver with innovative technology that reduces pressure and increases cutting efficiency
- Trimmer is a bit bulky
- Could have more power
- Has a high price
The Braun Series 7 790cc shaver features five shaving elements and an adaptive head that moves in eight different directions to catch more hair. The four middle elements are SensoFoil with slots that get in between the follicles and cut as they’re being passed by the foil. The outer elements also have slots, but the hair gets twisted as it’s cut.
The foil can be used dry or with shaving cream. But in either case you’ll want to use the included cleaning cartridge or alcohol to sanitize it.
The SensoFoil elements can also be used wet. Braun claims that using them wet pulls out 50% more hair, leaving a cleaner underside. There’s a pre-shave trimmer built into the handle just above the foils. With an on/off switch, you can use it before any of the main blades.
3. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- It comes with some useful features
- Floating head
- Auto adjust motor for maximum durability
- The blades are sharp and durable
- Easily cleaned
- Smooth shaving with no irritation
- Ergonomically designed handle
- It’s relatively quiet
- Has no indicator for when the appliance is charging
- Indicator battery is small
This unit comes with a sensor that detects density of hair. The more dense the hair the faster the motor speeds up. This is called the Focus feature.
The unit also has a Micro comb that trims hairs up to 30% more efficiently than any previous models.
You have the choice of shaving dry or wet.
4. Braun Electric Razor
- It has a powerful motor and a great design
- For a wet/dry shave it is extremely comfortable
- It can efficiently deal with coarse, thick, tough beard hair
- It has a great travel case to make it the perfect travelling companion
The Braun Series 7 is the epitome of a grooming kit in an electric shaver. The system is advanced and also benefits from advanced cleaning technology, as well as a ‘SmartDrive’ system.
This is to ensure that the user is always kept in the loop with regards to the battery life of the shaver, and how the shaver functions in general.
The shaver itself has a multi-head system that enables it to work on contours, beards and neck lines in a manner that is completely innovative. One of the best features of the shaver is its ability to catch and cut the texture of one’s beard even before the initial growth of hair.
5. ESC Premium lubricating white oil
- Excellent white oil that protects your shaver from rust
- Gives your shaver a smooth, slick finish that helps to reduce friction
- Fights dryness and irritation after each shave
- Powerful and effective lubricant with zero negative side-effects
- Can also be used as a pre-shave oil
- Easy to use … just add a few drops to your shaver prior to use
- Keeps you from over-exposing your skin to the shaver… which can cause it to dry out
- Pairs perfectly with the majority of shavers on the market
- Very small bottle that only comes with 100ml of oil
- You may find it lasts you slightly longer than a bottle of hydro, but not by much
- Oil can handle 3-4 months of use
- Remember to never mix this oil with your hydro oil
The ESC Premium Lubricating White Oil offers a few unique advantages over other lubricants. For the most part, they are very similar across the board. They include the three main components of an oil, which include a lubricant, an antirust protectant, and a conditioner.
6. Wahl Clipper Oil
This cream is made by Wahl and is designed to smooth the cut after you’ve use the trimmer.
It will leave behind a fresh, clean smell to your hair and help minimize irritation. It will also help moisturize dry skin and cut down on irritation from the trimmer.
The cream lubricates the blades and helps keep them cool, so you’ll be able to cut longer.
7. Remington SP-4 Shaver Saver Cleaner & Lubricant Spray 3.8 Ounce
- Very durable
- Not overly priced
- Spray doesn’t leave stain on the shaver
- Works perfectly
- Sometimes you need to buy it many times
- At least a month’s supply
This cleaner does a great job of keeping my shaver operating just like it did when I first purchased it. It uses a few simple ingredients. The combination of anionic and nonionic detergents, in conjunction with functional additives, makes this a cleaner I will continue to reorder. I love the fact that it’s not an aerosol and it’s in a spray bottle. That way I can spray it onto my shaver wherever it needs it the most and not make a mess.
While this cleaner is necessary to keep an electric shaver working its best, it’s not so important that I’d be willing to pay a lot of money for it. I am pleased to have found a great cleaner at a reasonable price. This is my go to cleaner for keeping my shaver spiffy and working great. As long as I’ve switched to this cleaner I will probably never need to replace my shaver.
8. ProCase Carrying Case
- This case is built-in with dual tension caps allow you to fix the trimmer to it firmly and easily.
- This case is designed to store your trimmer safely and easily.
- The case has padded walls that will protect the trimmer from damage.
- It can be classed as a travel case due to its design.
- It can store pretty much every trimmer you have, no matter the brand.
- It is suitable for the Philips Norelco shavers.
- This camera is designed for the Norelco shavers (Philips).
- There is no information regarding other shaver brands.
- There are no reviews left about this case so we don't how solid the internal support is.
- This bag is more suitable for the shavers.
- The case is very light in weight.
This is an attractive black and green travel case for the Philips Norelco shavers, especially the shavers in the series like 4500, 3100, 6400, 9700, 1150X, 8900 etc.
The case is designed to store shavers securely and easily .
The case is built in with dual tension caps, And the internal padded walls will protect the trimmer from damage .
9. Braun Electric Razor
- Self-cleaning, 100 percent waterproof, and easy to recharge
- Three-stage shaving system adds convenience to your grooming routine
- Adjustable settings
- 30-day long battery life
- 30-minute quick charge operation
- Wet/dry operation
- Can be used for shaving or trimming
- Suitable for daily use
- Slower than other electric razors
- Not as close of a shave as traditional razors
The Braun 3000s series electric shaver is designed to give a more traditional, close shave. It has three synchronized shaving elements, which pivot and adjust to the contours of your face. It adapts to your facial curves so you receive a close shave.
The electric shaver has an ActiveLift trimmer function, which is designed to capture longer hairs. The trimmer captures hairs up to five times longer than is possible with traditional razors. Of course, privacy is a strong concern for men who use electric razors. The Braun electric shaver has a wireless mode which allows you to operate the device without having to be connected to the cord.
10. Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver
- It is very easy to use but still offers amazing versatility
- It’s a multi-purpose tool, it can be used as an electric razor, trimmer, and shaver
- You don’t need to worry about charging it due to the fact it uses a Lithium-ion battery
- You can easily replace the blades if they need to be replaced
- It is much cheaper than the other multi-purpose shavers available
- It can be tough to get a good shave with it
- To keep it in top condition you need to rinse it after every use, this can become a hassle
As the name implies, the Philips Norelco OneBlade is a hybrid electric trimmer and razor. This means it can be used for both shaving and trimming, with the added benefit of saving time and money.
It’s a great product for people who want to have a neat and well trimmed beard or stubble. Although it offers a lot of versatility, it isn’t as good as a full shaver. The blades are very sharp and they work similar to a razor blade.
11. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver
- Foil shaver
- Extra wide 3-track precision head
- Remington's Foil System lifts hairs up to cut closer
- Comfort shaver/sensitive shaver that uses microfine foil for a close shave
- 8-direction Flex head for maximum contact
- Light and easy to use
- Water resistant
- Cannot be plugged in to charge and used at the same time
- Underpowered and may cut longer hair length
- Average battery life of 45 minutes
- Can be difficult to clean
(Package May Vary)
Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver specifically designed for men's touch with sleek frame and ergonomic design, making it great for the guy on the go. Go with Remington's Foil System lifts hairs up to cut closer. Comfort shaver/sensitive shaver that uses microfine foil for a close shave. Flexible 8-directional heads each with independently floating heads for close, comfortable, and efficient shaves. Lightweight shaver is for everyday use.
12. NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Comparatively inexpensive
- Best for sensitive skin
- Helps to heal nicks and razor burns
- Can be used to replace shaving cream
- Not a great replacement for shaving cream
- Takes longer than shaving cream
- Can dry out skin
Since I started with this sensitive formula, my skin is much less irritated from shaving. I have used many different types of shaving creams, lotions and gels before I tried NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm and this has been one of the most effective and easiest to use.
It helps to heal nicks and razor burns, and it can be used to replace shaving cream. Also, it can be used to protect the skin after shaving with or without a razor. I simply use a hot wash cloth (or wet rag) to wipe the NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm all over my face after washing it and then shave my face. The manufacturers claim that this will help my skin stay hydrated and stop my facial skin from drying out. I have been using it for about a month and I have not seen my skin dry out yet. I also think the reason why this is so effective with my skin is because it has aloe extract and chamomile extract in it, which are very soothing to sensitive skin.
13. Andis 17150 Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver
- Provides a close, comfortable shave
- Extremely versatile; can be used for body grooming as well as trimming facial hair
- Comes in three different settings, ranging from 0.4mm to 3.0mm
- Cuts hairs cleanly in an extremely efficient manner
- It’s reasonably priced
- The trimmer has a tendency to pull or tug at longer hair
- It’s quite a heavy and bulky design, so improper usage may result in injury
- It may irritate those who have sensitive skin
The Andis 17150 uses a close cut system that cuts hairs cleanly for a comfortable shave. The trimmer has 3 different settings of 0.4, 1.0, and 2.0mm. These settings are ideal for hair and skin of all different lengths.
The product is extremely versatile due to its large, powerful motor.
In addition, the trimmer is also powered by a rechargeable battery, so you can use it corded or cordless.
14. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 3600
- You can dial in a longer stubble length, if required
- This is a great shaver to use on all parts of your face
- The multi-directional heads make it perfect for shaving the sides of your face
- Shaver also comes with protective caps
- You can use it for wet shaving or dry shaving
- Cordless operation
- You get a full three years of warranty
- You might have to replace it every year or so
- The one-year limited warranty that Philips offers is pretty weak
The Philips Norelco Electric Shave is a great choice for both beginners and seasoned shaver alike.
It comes with an attachable guard that helps you to trim your beard or facial hair to length of your preference.
Its waterproof design allows you to use it with gel or foam.
15. GFDesign Electric Shaver Cleaning Brushes Razor Cleaner Set Nylon Bristles PP Handle
- Reliable, durable, and safe
- 8 action brush heads in a set
- Comes with a cleaning bucket
- 3 cleaning modes
- The handles are comfortable to hold
- Reasonable price
- Disassembles for very easy cleaning
- Versatile as they can be used to clean electric razors and shavers
- Can be used for eye makeup
- They remove stubborn makeup residue
- The cleaning bucket is too small
- Cleaning takes a long time and is sometimes too difficult
While cleaning your shaver or electric razor, you will find that the cleaning pads are the easiest to clean. However, if you’re anything like me, chances are you’ve probably gone through many pads before throwing them away.
You end up with a lot of waste which is not good for the environment, and also an increased expense to you. You also have to deal with the problem of the shaver losing its stiffness over time.
16. Eltron Shave Ease Cleaner
- Cheap and easy to use
- Does everything it claims to do
- Improves razor glide
- Keeps blades fresh
- Lifetime guarantee
- Can use on any razor
- Can dry razor out if not completely dry
- Need to apply to metal parts as well as blade
- Can leave a bit of white residue if not fully rinsed off
The Eltron Shave Ease is the first of its kind releasing an advanced, non-alcoholic, shaving foam that created a warm shaving foam with lubrication & cleaning properties that keep your razor pristine every time.
The manufactures state that this product is not a lubricant, but a cleaner, lubricant, and sanitizer that will extend the life of your razor and your shave.
Eltron promises up to 10x the longevity of a razor when used in conjunction with an Eltron razor with their advanced lubrication & cleaning technology.
17. Phisco Electric Shaver Razor
- Phisco electric shaver razor for men has a very fast charging time of only 2 hours, and its 5-minute quick charge function, it will provide you an inner joy and pleasure when you suffer from tiredness of long-time hair growth.
- Phisco shaver uses advanced IPX7 waterproof function, 100% waterproof, you can wash it under tap water even after using it, just need to clean it once in a while and it will never effect the normal use.
- 360 degree rotary shaver heads, flexible to shave any part of face even those curved parts of face. The speed is fast enough to shave.
- Rechargeable and replaceable, long standby time.
- 3D curve design, easy to use
- Professional travel lock allows you to lock it when it is not in use.
- This is not a trimmer
- Not for sensitive skin
We’ve included this in our list of best electric razors for men because of its unique 3D curve design. It isn’t a rotary design like most electric shavers but it’s definitely one of the best we’ve tested.
18. Micro Touch SOLO Men's Rechargeable Full Body Hair Trimmer
- Lightweight and compact
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Rechargeable battery, which is an environmentally friendly option
The Micro Touch SOLO Men’s Rechargeable Full Body Hair Trimmer, Shaver and Groomer is a must have product for those who wish to remove body hair quickly and effectively. It is a complete grooming kit that is ideal for use in the shower.
The Micro Touch SOLO is made for users who are looking for versatility. It is lightweight and compact with a rechargeable battery. It is affordable and durable, plus it has a comfortable grip and easy to use functions. It features stainless steel blades which are hypoallergenic, making it ideal for use on even the most sensitive skin.
It comes with a cleaning brush and a charger. It is designed to cut hair as close to the skin as possible, without causing irritation and pain. It can be used to clean hairlines, mustaches, goatee’s, ear and nose hair, and leg and chest hair. It can also be used to trim the chest and back without causing any redness or discomfort.
19. Williams Lectric Shave Electric Razor Pre-Shave
- You can use it wet and dry
- You can use foam or gel
- Best shaving experience ever
- Ultra close
- Close— and even closer
- Smaller and lighter than the previous models
- Requires a longer time for recharging than the previous models
The Williams Lectric 8 shaver offers the best shave you can get without nicks or cuts. It has the best in terms of water resistance and waterproof.
The shaver is of high quality. A charge lasts for about 8-10 days while the battery status is indicated through a battery icon on the display.
The precision trimmer shaves your sideburns, mustache, and the neck area nicely without leaving anything behind.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best rated men's electric shaver?
The four finishers below represent the top four brands in this category all of which are listed below. These are not the only great bt electric razor brands but they are the top rated, most popular (i.e. best selling), and highest rated.
The four electric razor brands below are also the only ones that I recommend and are the ones that I personally endorse. Each is well known and for all the best reasons.
In order to help you make a more informed decision, I provide a wealth of information about all four of these leading brands to help you make the best choice for you knowing that once you make the right choice for you, you will definitely be satisfied with your new electric shaver. You can read more about each of these four brands below.
What is the best electric razor for an older man?
As men age, their facial hair becomes more and more course. Some men have smooth hair all their lives and never have to worry about razors. Others, however, will run into some issues regardless of whether they use manual or electric razor.
First off, if you have more course facial hair, you will need to use a shaving gel to form a slick surface that will allow for a smoother shave. Using a razor without gel will be incredibly painful.
Next, if you experience any of the following, you may want to invest in an electric razor:
- You have a very sensitive skin
- You have a problem with ingrown hairs after shaving with a manual razor
- You have a hard time holding a razor without cutting yourself
- You have pain in the wrist and/or hand from holding a razor
Which Braun Series is the best?
With a focus on beard styling, Braun Series 9 is the best choice for men who want a razor that will look after facial hair, but won’t overwhelm with additional features. The Series 9 utilises ActiveLift, which captures flat-lying hairs in the neck and chin area, by way of its built-in trimmer. The rest of your beard should never be hard to spot with Braun’s Sonic technology that draws up and cuts all of the hairs within a single stroke.
Given its state-of-the-art technology, the Series 9 is the best shaver for men in search of a smooth shave that lasts. Its cutting element, OptiFoil, is customised to capture more hair with every single stroke, increasing silky-smooth shaving efficiency.
What is the best head shaver on the market?
There’s nothing worse than an average electric razor. Cheap models tend to leave you with red, irritated skin and rashes. On the other hand, some of the most expensive models are simply way overpriced. To be sure you’re getting a high-quality, functional razor that will not only help you be more sanitary but also look good, we’ve compiled recommendations of the top 10 electric razors.
The best shaver needs to be easy to hold and maneuver, and it should live up to its claims in terms of performance and simplifying the shaving process. Here is our list of the top 10 electric head shavers.
We’ve looked at what makes an electric razor hold up over time and what you should consider before you buy. We evaluate 12 of the top electric razors for men and give you our recommendation for the best electric razor for the money.
|Williams Lectric Shave||Best Overall|
|GFDesign Electric Shaver Cleaning Brushes Razor Cleaner Set Nylon Bristles PP Handle||Budget Pick|
|Braun Electric Razor||Upgrade Pick|