When you go to the gym you want a gym bag that is both fashionable and functional. Aesthetics are not so important when you are carrying your equipment from point A to point B. However, if you are carrying that bag around with you all day, it should look good.
I want to create the largest database of soccer drills and skill training out there.
1. MarsBro Water Resistant Sports Gym Travel Weekender Duffel Bag
- Very durable and high-quality material
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Perfect for short trips and gym visits
- Holds your stuff in place quite well
- You get a very functional and relatively spacious bag for a reasonable price
- Versatile: you can use it as a travel bag, gym bag, or as a duffel bag
- The interior lining is durable and water resistant
- The extra small size is pretty small
- The shoe compartment is flimsy at the corners, and is not expandable
The MarsBro Water Resistant Sports Gym Travel Weekender Duffel Bag is versatile and spacious, making it a great option for stuff that is big and bulky. Currently, this bag is rated at 4.5 stars with over 200 reviews on Amazon and over 1500 sold.
This sports gym duffel bag can be used as an everyday sports bag. It’s big enough to fit your gym clothes, the pair of shoes you wear to the gym, as well as your other stuff like your toiletries and valuables.
2. Carhartt Legacy Gear Bag
- The stitching used is tough and heavy duty like you expect from Carhartt
- Apart from briefcases, this is the best option for your gym
- It is tear and water resistant
- It has a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap
- It is durable enough to carry a laptop
- The dust bag is genuine and it already comes stuffed
- The bag can be heavy when packed
- It’s just like any other leather bag.
This Carhartt Legacy Gear Bag is a great option for gym use. It is made of premium quality leather and has a lot of pockets where you can stuff your items.
The bag is basically made for carrying your clothes or towels. It comes with one adjustable shoulder strap that makes length adjustment easier. The bag is made of genuine cowhide leather.
The Carhartt Legacy Gear Bag has three pockets on the outside. On each side is a zippered pocket which has two compartments within. Aside from this, the bag has five outside pockets: a backside pocket and two side mesh pockets which come attached to the zippered pockets. It also has a useful quick-access pocket on the outside of the bag. This is a zippered pocket on the part of the bag. A detachable holdall bag comes along with the bag.
3. Canway Sports Gym Bag
- Affordable price with decent build quality
- Lots of storage space
- Adjustable shoulder straps that are padded, with a chest strap for added comfort
- Large wet pocket with side mesh pockets
- Nylon material is quite durable and high quality
- Can accommodate multiple pairs of OTC lifting gloves
- Can hold a lot of weight (up to 268lbs); perfect for heavy gym goers
- The bag is waterproof, so you can stay relaxed as you don’t have to worry about sweat (or worse) affecting your belongings inside
- The biggest complaint that users have is that the bag falls apart too easily, especially at the seams
- If you don’t like carrying a lot of weight with you, then this may not be a good option as it’s quite heavy
- It’s not very functional considering you can’t even fit some garments in the compartment
Unlike big sports stores, Amazon offers a wide range of possibilities when it comes to choosing the best duffel bags for men. You can easily compare their prices and build quality, which is usually much higher than classic supermarkets.
4. MIER Sport Gym Duffel Bag
- This canvas bag is durable and lightweight at the same time.
- It has a generous storage capacity, can hold everything you need to pack for gym.
- Spacious interior compartment, carabiner for water bottle and many pockets, easy to carry.
- The interior and exterior pockets are comfortable to keep your keys, wallet, cell phone, towel, shoes, etc.
- Two handles, Durable zippers and heavy duty stitching.
- Man-made material.
- Not large enough for weekend travel.
- Only has one pocket.
- Not as much space as you think when you open it up.
Let’s say you’re about to fly from New York to San Francisco and you’ve packed everything except your gym gear. Your apparel for this trip consists of six t-shirts, a blazer and three pair of dress pants. A good suitcase or duffel means you’ll succeed in packing every piece in your ensemble, but if you choose poorly you may find yourself sacrificing an item of clothing. This is where the Mier Sport Gym Duffel Bag can save the day.
5. adidas Unisex Defender II Large Duffel Bag
- Very spacious
- The main compartment is removable so you can use the bag to carry shoes or garments
- You can easily repack the bag for traveling as it comes with a sleeve for a hanger
- The duffel bag comes with a durable shoulder strap
- Its handles are too lightweight for carrying heavy loads around
- The fabric is not water resistant
Here’s how the Adidas Unisex Defender II Large Duffel Bag stacks up in our gym bag reviews.
This bag is very spacious. In addition, the main compartment of the bag is a separate bag which is removable. This means that you can use it to carry shoes or garments while still having enough space for other things.
6. Under Armour Isolate Duffel Bag
- Budget friendly
- The lightweight and durable construction can handle daily use
- The option to choose from a variety of colors
- You can pack it easily thanks to the distinct sections
- The hook for the shoulder strap isn’t that sturdy
- You have to pull up the zipper in order to close it
The Under Armour Isolate Duffel Bag is yet another quality sporting bag from Under Armour.
This is an attractive, well-made gym bag that comes in a variety of colors. If you are looking for a lightweight, budget-friendly gym bag that can hold all your gear with ease, this is an excellent choice.
The good thing about the shape is that it actually looks good when you’re carrying it around. Most sport bags are essentially long, which can get in the way when you are walking beside people. If you want something that you can carry comfortably in crowded situations, this is a great choice.
7. Under Armour Undeniable Duffle 3.0 Gym Bag
- Under Armour is a great brand with excellent reputation
- Three compartments to store all your gear
- Durable, sturdy, and convenient to carry
- Large space to hold everything you need
- Stylish and high quality
- Ideal for men looking to store their clothes and other personal belongings
- Several colors to choose from
This Duffle 3.0 by Under Armour is a popular and stylish gym bag both for men and women. It’s the perfect gym bag for men and women because it is ideal for carrying clothes, bold prints, and the like.
It features a large main compartment, a front pocket, and an adjustable shoulder strap. It also has lockable zippers to help you keep everything in place and safe. The internal frame helps keep it upright and prevents you from having to constantly readjust its position.
Overall, this is a durable and well-made bag that you’ll surely enjoy.
8. Pacsafe Metrosafe LS350 15 Liter Anti Theft Laptop Daypack/Backpack
- Top rated carry-on backpack on Amazon
- Features lockable zippers, slash resistant material and RFID blocking security protection
- Can be carried two ways – backpack or tote
- This pack also features a water bladder compartment, which can be removed separately when it’s empty
- Has a built-in silent attachment which allows you to safely secure your bag to an object
- Comes with 3 organizers to help keep things organized
- Features adjustable straps and an adjustable airflow back panel, with a padded waistbelt for shoulder comfort
- Large outer mesh pocket for easy access to items on the go
- Comes with a gel padded laptop sleeve, which can also be removed separately for protection
- The shoulder straps are adjustable, and padded for added comfort and extra support
9. Everest Luggage Sporty Gear Bag
- It’s a very good size for everyday use
- It’s cheap
- It’s a drawstring bag
- Solid construction, the zippers are well-made
- It’s a bit heavy
- Not a lot of extra pockets or spaces
10. Runetz – Gym Bag
- Extremely high quality construction
- Stylish design
- Very spacious
- The type of bag you could use for multiple applications
- It can have a slightly chemical smell at first
- The bottom, if used on a hard surface, won’t be durable
The Runetz gym bag is the Cadillac of luggage. It’s someone that you can bring to the gym, take on a weekend trip, or use for business.
This bag has tons of storage space and compartments for organizing your stuff. The first thing you’ll notice it has a large shoe compartment that can hold up to size 16 sneakers. Its excellent high quality construction can take a beating unlike other flimsy bags.
The exterior is designed in a manner that allows it to be very light yet sturdy. The corners are wrapped in plastic, so if it ever falls over, your stuff won't get damaged.
11. Eshow Men's Canvas Backpack Shoulder Handbag Travel Duffel Bag Retro Weekend Overnight Outdoor Hiking Camping Cylinder Bag Brown
- The oil waxed canvas gives it a nice feel to the touch and also allows it to be waterproof in case of rain
- Three compartments for storage
- Magnetic closure for the main compartment
- Comes with 6 adjustable “D” rings inside the 1st compartment
- Made in Nippon of the finest imported leather with double stitched.
- Lined with quality fabric of 100% polyester.
- Has a thick padded shoulder strap that is adjustable
- Suede leather handle
- It’s lightweight at 0.8 lbs
- The color you purchase may not match the color pictured
- The shoulder strap is a bit thin
Other than that, no cons are present. Overall, this is a wonderful, high-quality duffel, certainly worth the money. The oil-waxed canvas is sturdy and will last long. You can buy them in four different colors: black, dark blue, green, and chocolate brown.
This versatile backpack/duffel is sure to be a perfect fit for all your traveling needs. It will fit easily in your luggage for an airplane or travel by car.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best gym bag on the market?
When comparing gym bags, the quality of the fabric and the overall durability should be the top criteria. You should feel comfortable carrying such a bag, and it should be square-shaped instead of round. A nice, wide shoulder strap should be present as well, as this will help distribute the weight on your shoulders and not allow it to dig in. Some of the gym bags that made our list include:
- Black Team Gear Squared Gym Bag by Title
- Nike Legend SG Gym Duffel Bag
- Adidas Medium Team II duffel bag for Men
- Victorinox Swisstool Spirit X Gym Bag
- Nike Sport Team Medium Golf Bags by Team Merchandise
- 13”x10” Lead the Way Duffel Bag by Blender Bottle
- Team Pro Extreme Gym Duffel Bag by OP Advanced Designs
What should a man put in his gym bag?
When choosing a gym bag, you want one that’s lightweight and strong. The bag should not weigh a lot because it will throw off the center of gravity. At the same time, the bag should be able to hold a large volume of items. If you choose a bag that’s too small, you’ll wind up cramming in gear or not bring things you need. If you choose a bag that’s too big, it’ll be awkward to carry and in the way.
Size is important as well. The gym bag needs to fit neatly in your locker or be small enough to grab onto with one hand. A perfect size for a gym bag would be about 18” by 11” and about 8 to 10 inches deep. The bag should also be sturdy enough that it will not break if you drop it.
How many Litres should a gym bag be?
If you want to create plenty of extra space for other items that you might need to store in your bag, then opt for something bigger, even if doesn’t quite have the capacity of your own body weight. A lot of gym bags are only capable of holding up to 35 lb of weight. So unless you want to lug around extra stuff like water for your home-workout, you’ll benefit by purchasing a bag that can hold more. That said, if you just want to transport a few things during your weight-training workout, a 35-lb capacity gym bag will be more than sufficient.
Can I use a backpack as a gym bag?
Backpacks have become one of the most popular choice for gym bags, but you can use a backpack for many things besides going to the gym. You can certainly take one to the gym, but if you’re looking for a bag to take to the gym, a backpack may not be right for you.
Gym bags are usually more rectangular than regular backpacks because they need to fit more equipment. They also typically have handles for easy carrying and don’t have a huge backpack compartment like backpacks do. If you are an athlete who also likes to travel, a backpack may be a better choice for you.
Selecting the best gym bag is actually a lot more complicated than you’d think. Sure, it might look like any old bag to the casual observer. But believe us, once you’ve carried one of these bad boys for a couple of months, you’ll realize just how special it is. When choosing a bag, the most important thing you should consider is durability. Get that right, and everything else is secondary.