The secret to good hair is regular grooming and care. This includes trimming, combing, oiling, massaging, and the use of the right hair products. There are many hair grooming products out there and men have long used them to keep their hair looking good.
The problem is that many of these products are too expensive or require such a large quantity that the hair grooming products can be costly.
Luckily, a range of affordable products are now on the market that can help you get the most out of your hair products.
|Hair Comb||Best Overall|
|Kent A 81T||Budget Pick|
|Kent 82T 4" Handmade Folding Pocket Comb||Upgrade Pick|
1. Hair Comb
- It has a handmade feel which makes it durable
- The sharp serration makes it suitably functional to deal with coarse hair
- Made out of stainless steel
- It doesn’t come with a gift wrap option
- You cannot get it in black color
The teeth are exquisitely sawn to provide fast and super smooth combing. The teeth have a length of 7.1 inchand this is suitable for hair, moustache and beard combing. This is also made out of stainless steel, so you do not have to worry about rusting of the comb.
The comb has been hairlines engraved on it nicely and these hairlines help to protect the comb from extreme temperatures easily. Another feature of this comb is its beautiful and classy gift wrap options. This gift wrap will help you to make it an ideal hair brush gift for your dear ones.
2. Kent R5T All Coarse Hair Detangling Comb Wide Teeth Dressing Table Comb
- thick, coarse, curly hair
- detangling hair comb
- great for thick or coarse hair
- good quality, handmade saw-cut
- smooth teeth, with many small teeth
- even on curly hair and tangles
- widely used in professional hairdressing salons
- great for beard, mustache and sideburns
- sustainable wood serving
- thick teeth for coarse hair
3. Baxter of California Pocket Comb
Unlike your ordinary comb, this pocket comb is coated with a heat-resistant polycarbonate shell, which makes it much less likely to break.
It also has a double-sided design, where one side is textured for styling your hair, and the other smooth side can be used to comb out knots.
The product is known for having great durability and great grip.
4. Unique Gift
- Handmade from premium quality natural black ox horn and natural wood
- Strong yet flexible, but resilient and durable
- Smooth in texture and design
- Doesn’t have a plastic-like smell when first opened
- Comes with a free gift bag
- Has a wider toothed head, suitable for all hair lengths
- Stylish and sophisticated
- Looks elegant on a bathroom counter
- Makes hair look and feel softer
- Doesn’t do much for split-ends
- Buttons scrape hair after a while
Men who use the Combs are often surprised that a small item like a comb can make a big difference in the look of their hair. That is because they have sensitive hair and cannot combine the use of a brush and comb. You can use this item to groom your hair in a style that would make all your friends go green with envy.
This comb is made out of ox horn and bears the natural scent of ox horn. There is nothing synthetic about it. It is very light in weight as it is made out of ox horn. So the chances of bruising your scalp are very low.
The manufacturer has taken care to make it anti-static so it would not generate static electricity usually produced by synthetic hair combs. This will prevent your hair from sticking together.
5. Go-Comb – Wallet Comb + Bottle Opener
- Effectively detangles both coarse and fine hairs without pulling out too much hair
- Creates a sleek and smooth finish
- The comb is stainless steel; therefore, it is very durable and easy to clean
- Has a bottle opener built into the handle for convenience
- Closes to fit in your wallet
- The size is perfect for carrying around in your wallet or purse
- The comb and the bottle opener complement each other very well
- There is an opening in the comb where you can insert paper money or cards
- The comb comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Not the best comb for men with thin hair
- Should be used in small sections
This double-sided comb is a pocket comb for everyday use. If you have a beard, this comb will work well with it and it also can be used for your hair.
It comes with a removable card or bill slot, pen slot, comb teeth, and a nail clipper.
6. Kent A FOT Handmade All Fine Tooth Saw Cut Beard Comb
- This is a premium comb made in Solingen Germany
- It is built to last for a lifetime
- The brilliant features include the laser-engraved Kent logo on the handle
- This provides optimum grip when used in cold weather
- It is made from high-quality materials that do not dull with age
- It features 5 teeth tosuit coarse, medium and fine hair. Also, the tooth gauge is 0.84mm wide
- It is the ideal item for oiling your hair to prevent shedding
- It might not be the right comb for someone who has very fine hair
- It might lack the versatility to choose between different tooth widths
(W/ Comb & Case)
7. Hair Comb
- The wood comb has anti-static and no snag feature
- The brush is handmade
- It is great for all hair types
- The comb is lightweight, a great addition to your grooming kit
- Beautiful design and eye-catching
- Great gift product for a love one
You can use the Rocky Mountain Barber comb in the morning to tame your mane. It will save you from any strays and tangles, so you simply style it as usual.
Natural oil and moisture are transferred to the hairs of the comb, and the radian-wood design ensures that the comb is versatile and easy to use. The handle is hand crafted for easy gripping.
The item is also a great gift for a loved ones and is very light and durable. A handy option that can also be used in camping trips. The comb is great for both both short and longer hair types.
8. Percy Nobleman Men's Hair Comb
- Natural tortoiseshell pattern
- Great for taming unruly hair
- Double-sided comb
- Nice weight
- Minimal upkeep
- No static electricity
- Extremely durable
- You can use it on wet and dry hair
- No electrical hazard
- May be too thick for thin hair
- May be too flexible for thick hair
If you are a man with a thick head of hair, you'll want to consider the Percy Nobleman. This wonderfully made hair combs has a nice weight to it and is made from genuine tortoiseshell.
The handle is about 10 inches long, so it should be easy to spot when you need it.
The comb is double-sided, with one side having wider teeth to help you detangle your hair. The other side has fine teeth towards the front and larger teeth towards the back. This ensures you will always have a suitable comb to help you out.
9. Kent A 81T
- The comb is extremely durable, considering its size
- The rounded edges make it ideal for styling or smoothing your beard or mustache
- The fine-tooth design is great for both shorter and longer beards
- The comb is a little small for some men
- The comb comes in a travel case, but the case isn’t very durable
This comb is the perfect size for taking with you on the go. The Kent A Comb will stand out in any conventional case or pocket.
Easy to carry … the dimensions of the comb are 2.5 x 2 x 0.5 inches. That makes it easy to slide into your pocket or keep it on your keychain.
The biggest feature that sets this comb apart from the rest is that it has a lifetime guarantee. That’s something that is pretty rare in consumer products. It can be difficult to replace a comb, so almost any replacement would be beneficial.
10. Kent 82T 4" Handmade Folding Pocket Comb
- Handmade comb
- Heavy duty construction
- Gives you a secure grip
- Good size and ergonomic design
- Excellent finish
- Too small for some hands
- Folding nature lessens the durability of the comb slightly
- No clasp to secure the comb
This comb is simple in design and is made of genuine silver, a material known for its durability and smooth finish. It has a good size at 4 inches and is ergonomic so it fits comfortably into your hand.
It has fine teeth that makes it great for straightening out your hair. The handle has a nice balance and finish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are metal combs good for hair?
Metal combs are not only sturdier and durable, but they are also much better looking than plastic combs because they have a classic look. Metal combs usually work the best for hair of all lengths. Even pricier than plastic combs, metal combs do get a bad rap for being heavy. However, they’re designed to distribute the weight across a larger area of contact, making them comfortable to use.
What combs do barbers use?
Barbers use a variety of hair combs depending on the hair grooming service they are providing. All combs are made from different types of materials like wood, plastic or metal.
Metal combs are used for giving a rougher texture to hair. They are also used as a key element to create different hairstyles. These combs are not commonly used by people outside of the profession.
Wood combs are used for grooming all types of hair and their price varies according to the materials used in them.
Plastic combs are used for making a hairstyle sleek, shiny and curved by separating the strands.
On a personal level, plastic combs are very beneficial for men as they both keep the hair neat and mat-free, and also reduce the hair loss to a great extent.
Should guys use a comb or brush?
Successfully styling your hair is all about using the right tool, and if you’re serious about looking dapper, nothing beats a comb. There are a wide variety of different combs on the market, but not all are created equally. Let’s take a look at some of the differences:
Brushes distribute natural oils from your scalp down to your tips and are ideal in keeping your hair soft. The downside is that, over time, your scalp can become oily if you leave the natural oils on the hair shaft.
Boar bristle brushes have a long history of use in hair care since their bristles help to smooth the hair.
A traditional comb is made of metal or plastic and has narrow teeth. It can draw out knots and is very effective in getting that part to part look.
A paddle brush is essentially a comb with rounded teeth.
What combs are good for your hair?
For those with curly or wavy hair, combs with cushiony rubber teeth are best. They won’t pull or tug your hair and they can guide your hair all the way through the combing process. These teeth will glide smoothly through your hair and leave you with a neat and beautiful look.
For those with straight hair, hones teeth are preferred since they will make it easy to style. For men with short hair, combs with wide teeth are recommended. Men with longer hair may want to go for narrow teeth combs.
Consider purchasing a detangling comb if you’re experiencing tangles regularly. Such combs are made from fine plastic teeth that can glide through your thicker hair and remove tangles with ease.
Hair combs are generally used for hair styling. With the right one, your hairstyle is guaranteed to look flawless and gorgeous. It’s important to know what qualities to look for in a hair comb or brush as not all are created equal. This helps you customize comb shopping to match your hair type and your styling needs. The nine combs and brushes on this list cover a very wide range of price points and will fit in any purse or pocket. The last thing you want is to have a bad hair day ruined by a bad hair comb. Always make sure you have a good hair comb and brush to hand to keep your hair looking fantastic.
|Hair Comb||Best Overall|
|Kent A 81T||Budget Pick|
|Kent 82T 4" Handmade Folding Pocket Comb||Upgrade Pick|