When it comes to choosing a new watch for men, it can be a tough task. There are so many watch styles to choose from, and each one has a different personality. If you aren’t careful, you might end up with a watch that screams fashionable over class.
But if you want to stand out from the crowd and go for a classic style that is timeless, you are in the right place. Because here we grab a quick look at the best men’s watches available on the market right now.
Whether you like a traditional men’s watch or something more funky, modern and stylish, we have covered them all.
Our top ten list includes the best quartz watches and the best luxury watches of 2016 as well as everything in between. Some of the watches in this selection include brands like Seiko, Citizen, Casio, Hamilton, Invicta, and Braun to name a few.
Ready to find the right men’s watches to suit your style? Then let’s get to it.
1. Mens Bulova Marine Star Chronograph Watch 96B256
Our Favorite Mens Bulova Marine Star Chronograph Watch 96B256 is a 3-hand analog chronograph with the date shown at the 4:30 time position. The date can be adjusted forward and back +/- 8 hours. The 30mm stainless steel case is paired with a leather strap.
It offers Japanese quartz movement, stainless steel case and bracelet, and takes 2 years for watches with automatic movements to become defective and require service. Water resistant to 3 ATM, approximately 30 meters.
This watch comes complete with warranty, has quartz movement, and is water resistant for 30 meters. 30 mm stainless steel case is paired with a brown leather strap.
2. Seiko Men's Presage 23 Jewel Automatic Blue Dial Watch with
- Inexpensive for a Seiko diver of its level
- Double anti-reflective coating ensures excellent readability
- Heavy duty yet stylish stainless steel case with screw-down crown
- Unconventional yet attractive case shape
- Excellent movement with power reserve indicator
- Super comfortable, well-made, and virtually scratch-proof black rubber strap
- Sapphire crystal, which is just as resistant as stainless steel, protects the watch from scratches
- You can get the watch with a black or silver dial face, so you’ll have a choice between them
- The watch can be fully submerged in water for up to one hundred meters, so if you’re looking for a watch to accompany you diving this is the ideal choice
- Luminous hands and markers glow brightly in the dark and allow you to tell the time even when it’s pitch black
- The face will not be suitable for everyone.
- The fact that Seiko chose to put their brand name on both the face of the watch and on the case might be off putting to some people.
3. Davosa Swiss Made Men Watch
- Nice quartz movement
- Day and date in English and Spanish
- Eco-friendly watch, Swiss parts
- Water resistant to 100 meters
- Durable and quality build
- Takes less time to start ticking compared to other watches
- Not the greatest instructions
- Wrist band is shorter than average, when not using the extra links
- A little on the more expensive side
- Cheap price may be a result of shoddy workmanship – that is, you could have a problem later
Sapphire Glass, Superluminova, Alarm, Day-Date.
After years of searching for an affordable yet well-made Swiss watch, I decided to take the plunge and order the Davosa Swiss Made watch with brown leather strap. I wasn’t disappointed.
The primary reason I wanted a watch to begin with is that I’ve never owned one; I’ve never had the money, nor the desire to buy one. I eventually got tired of always being asked the time and/or date by cashiers and waiters. Since I’m always on the lookout for an affordable, yet quality wristwatch, I was surprised to learn of this Davosa watch. I knew nothing about the manufacturer, so that was the first area I research.
4. Welly Merck Swiss Movement Sapphire Crystal 42mm Men Luxury Watch Minimalist Ultra Thin Analog Wrist Watch 20mm Stainless Steel Mesh Band
- Stylish and elegant design
- Super thin case design
- Equipped with a Swiss-made movement, reliable to last for years if well-maintained and serviced regularly
- Amazing, vivid shiny stainless steel all over
- Mesh strap design for comfort and safety
- The polished but still not finished surface makes it vulnerable to scratches
- The mechanical movement may be subject to error due to maintainance
The Welly Merck Stainless Steel Mesh Band Watch is popularly known as the Merck Brass, and it has a customized Japanese quartz movement. It comes with a stainless steel dial and bezel in a square shape with 18K gold plating, displaying Roman numeral hour markers.
Its case is polished but not brushed, so it is a bit rough. When you touch it with your fingers, the tiny scratches will be made. To solve this problem, you can buy a cloth and rub it. Otherwise, the feeling will be too bad.
Most of the people have a problem with the clasp design. It is just a normal clasp, so it is easy to move with it. The crown is a problem, as it is not easy to adjust the time and date. And you cannot see the time clearly under extremely dark environment. Welly Merck has no logo, it is a really amazing watch, and the price is not expensive at all.
5. Montblanc Timewalker ChronoVoyager UTC Men's Stainless Steel Swiss Automatic Watch 107303
- Luminous hands and markers for easy reading
- Vibrant colors
- Water resistant up to 660 feet deep
- Date window for convenience
- Sapphire glass for an exceptional clarity
This makes a great gift for a man with a classic and elegant style. The watch features a silky smooth design with a comfortable strap. The gold colored watch is available at a reasonable price and can be worn on special occasions as well as the office. One thing that makes it stand out is that it can go anywhere from the pool to the desert. It is both stylish and functional.
6. Vincero Luxury Men's Chrono S Wrist Watch
- Sleek design
- Made from durable material
- Ideal for the office
- Great return policy
- Great value for money
The stainless steel case is paired with a genuine black leather strap. It all combines with the chronograph display and calendar to make this look and feel like an expensive luxury watch.
A luxury watch is a status symbol. It says a lot about you. It says that you are successful and that you have standards that you aim to live up to, and not just meet. A luxury watch looks great. It is definitely one of the things that you want to consider when buying a watch.
7. BUREI Men's Luxury Automatic Watch Two Tones Stainless Steel Dress Wrist Watches Self-Winding
- Attractive design
- Japanese Quartz movement
- Water resistant up to 165 feet (50 M)
- Comes with an international two-year warranty
- Stainless steel is thinner than expected
- Packaging doesn’t live up to expectations
This is one of the best luxury watches that you will ever find, in my opinion. Shipped from a company that makes fine timepieces, this watch truly is a work of art.
The face of the watch is a simple rectangle that’s made of diamonds, and provides nine different time zones with an accurate second hand.
The design is simple, but that’s what makes a watch like this so great. The watch isn’t over the top, and doesn’t come off as something out of a sci-fi movie.
8. Tag Heuer Men's 'Formula 1' Swiss Quartz Stainless Steel Dress Watch
- Attractive Design
- Classic Tag Heuer Professional Series Watch
- Excellent Price
- Very sturdy build and construction
- High Quality Leather Strap
- Does not have a date display
- Will need to be sized once purchased
The Tag Heuer Formula One Stainless Steel Black Dial Mens Dress Watch Model: CAZ1010.BA0842 is from the Tag Heuer Professional Series. This Tag Heuer watch is one of the most priced and even most wanted Tag watches. Many people purchase the Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Watch or the Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz Chronograph Watch. But when it comes to a Swiss watch, nothing beats the Tag Heuer Formula One Stainless Steel Black Dial Mens Dress Watch. The Tag Heuer Formula One Stainless Steel Black Dial Mens Dress Watch is a quality timepiece with a classy look. This Tag Heuer watch for men is a must have for any man that is looking for a fashionable watch that is also durable and will last a long time. The Tag Heuer Formula One Stainless Steel Black Dial Mens Dress Watch is a unique Tag Heuer watch that will bring you lots of compliments. Many men have admired the Black Dial Tag Heuer Formula One Stainless Steel Black Dial Mens Dress Watch.
9. Omega Men's 3573.50.00 Speedmaster Professional Mechanical Chronograph Watch
- The watch is designed to be versatile
- Accurate and reliable
- Solid stainless steel build
- Can stand up to a fair amount of punishment
- Excellent attention to detail
This watch is a very simple and humble looking space watch, which is a rare feature among watch enthusiasts. It's design and limitations are refreshing.
The watch is a basic, mechanical watch, which doesn't have any digital components. It keeps the time in analog form. All the hands are on one sub-dial, while the other features a running minutes and hours hands to show the current time.
The watch ships inside a wood box. This box is silk lined, has a magnetic closure, and is sealed with a sticker which is designed to be removed with precise tools, instead of a devastating rip. Inside, the watch is set into a multi-level wood cutout, which is covered in a velvety soft material. The underside of this wood catches the watch's stem and winder, helping them maintain their adjustment when the watch is moved.
10. Rolex New Submariner 114060 Steel Black Ceramic 2019 Box/Paper/5YrWarranty #RL4
Rolex is the longest surviving brand in luxury watches. Its products are used by many important people, including royalty, government officials, and wealthy people. The Submariner watch is the company’s entry-level dive watch, but it’s still made to high-quality standards.
11. Rolex Yacht Master II White Dial Blue Bezel Stainless Steel Automatic Mens Watch 116680WAO
- Beautiful design…..handsome, elegant, classic!
- Very rugged, yet lightweight
- The black dial is complemented with a blue bezel
- Automatic movement
- Extremely accurate and high quality watch
- High-end brand, very prestigious
- Water resistant up to 1210ft, good for swimming, snorkeling, sailing
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Precise calendar
The Rolex Yacht Master is a very popular, classic design yacht timer. It comes in at 42mm which is considered a larger watch, and it is very wearable. It has a black dial with blue bezel that is complemented with white Arabic numerals and indices, and a red 15 minute marker on the bezel. The lume is excellent. The countdown timer at 9 is a great feature for setting time limits while racing.
It also comes with a solid end link Oyster band, and a folding clasp with safety.
This watch has a very accurate self winding Yanqa chronometer bi-directional self-winding movement that is precise within seconds per day up to 40 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best mens luxury watches?
Although many luxury watches are priced extremely high, there are some that come at a way more reasonable price. They are not just affordable, but they have classic designs that match today’s trends. Moreover, they are well constructed so they should not be an issue. Here are the top 11 watches that you should consider.
Williams, a manufacturer of watches for the traveling field, was founded in 1975. They pride themselves on style and luxury, but they believed in safety and luxury should be available to all. Since their start, they have not compromised. Their watches are not only fashionable, but they are rugged as well.
What is the best luxury watch for the money?
The biggest struggle when purchasing a luxury watch is picking one that you won’t get tired of in a few years. This is particularly an issue with men who aren’t generally very fussy about accessories. They want a watch that will last for the full length of their lives.
Men’s luxury watches that feature a classic design have several advantages. They go with just about everything and are remarkably versatile. You can wear them any day of the week and know you’ll always be within the bounds of fashion. Classic watches are available in materials and styles that range from classic and simple to wildly modern.
Are Nixon watches good quality?
For the… price, Nixon watches are very good quality. They’re all made with good materials with water resistant features, stainless steel, leather bands (though their Orca model is more utilitarian with rubber mesh), sapphire crystal for enhancing durability, and outstanding craftsmanship.
Nixon watches are one of very few brands that offers watches with interchangeable straps. This is the main attribute that gives them such a great look with versatility so you can switch the straps out depending on the occasion.
What is the most desirable watch?
The most desirable watch is not only high in quality but also easy to understand, versatile, and classic in design. In other words, it is not only high quality but has an eye-pleasing visual design. The wristwatch should be designed for ease of use and elegance at the same time.
Here is our list of the best watch brands for men:
- Officine Panerai
- Patek Philippe
- Bol Sinn
- Audemars Piguet
- Franck Muller
With so many ways to tell time, why would anyone still want a watch? Funny thing is that we have a tendency to develop a deep emotional connection with the timepiece that’s with us day in and day out. It’s an important accessory that completes our outfit, and a timepiece that can act as a visual reminder of how we fit in our world. Whether you’re a Rolex or Tag Heuer kind of guy, we’re sure that you’ll find something here that speaks to you.