Running shoes can make a huge difference in your comfort and performance. There are a lot of running shoes on the market. Because of this lack of simplicity, it’s easy to make a mistake and pick the wrong pair. It can be tempting to fall back on the advice of friends or simply buy any shoe with a few good reviews.
Never fear! I’ve reviewed both expert and amateur opinions on the best men’s running shoes on the market today. I’m sure you will be able to find a pair of shoes that you love.
|Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe||Best Overall|
|Saucony Men's Triumph ISO 3 Running Shoe||Budget Pick|
|Brooks Ghost 11||Upgrade Pick|
1. Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
If you are looking for lightweight support, the Under Armour Assert 8 Running Shoe offers exactly that – without sacrificing the fit, form, or function. This sophisticated shoe has a durable upper with Charged Cushioning in the midsole to keep every step cool, light, and responsive.
The Assert 8 also features a lightweight, durable outsole that provides a smooth transition when changing directions, for a shoe that has a serious edge.
With technologies like Charged Cushioning and Charged Foam, you can get a good workout even in poor weather conditions. These technologies absorb shock to make running and working out more comfortable and enjoyable. Powerful yet light weight midsole is perfect, high speed stability is superb, and wide toe box keeps my foot comfortable. All in all, it is perfect for high-performance training.
2. Brooks Ghost 11
- Provides the essentials for a comfortable running experience
- Signature cushioning is paired with enhanced flexibility
If you’re after a premium running shoe then the Brooks Ghost 11 has earned its place on our list.
The latest update to this line-up doesn’t deviate much from previous models, except for a few key features.
The shoe has the same tried and tested cushioning that runners have come to love over the years.
3. Brooks Men's Hyperion Tempo
- Fun colors to pick from
- Durable sole…long lasting
- not suited for those with narrow feet
- Not very well cushioned
- Not many colors to choose from
The Brooks Hyperion Tempo running shoe is designed for men who spend much of their time running. It is manufactured with a breathable microfiber and mesh upper that ensures your feet stay cool and dry. It also has a padded collar for extra comfort and a cushioned midsole for shock absorption. Your feet will feel like they are walking on air in this great shoe.
The casual look, excellent support, and comfort of this shoe make it a great choice for both work or play. Your feet will feel free with a lighter weight and a thinner midsole than its predecessor, the Ghost model. The mesh and elastic upper provides a sock-like fit rather than a glove-like fit the Discovery model offers. The breathable microfiber and mesh upper keep your feet cool and dry. The heel-to-toe Drop: 10 mm disperses your body weight quickly causing less impact on your knees.
4. ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoes
- Perfect fit & support
- Stylish good looks
- High-quality cushioning system
- Greater durability than most other shoes
- The price
- Slightly heavy design
- Shoes don’t really breathe that well
When you think ASICS, you think the Gel technology. For over 30 years, ASICS has being making some of the most famous running shoes by combining the best-in-class technology with the most up-to-date design available in the market.
The Asics Gel-Kayano is no exception as it’s the biggest of the Kayano line with more chances to be differentiated than the latter two. This one specifically comes in the 24th version of the Gel-Kayano and it’s a great running shoe for everyday athletes.
If you’re looking for a superior shoe with great comfort and cushioning, the Asics Gel-Kayano 24 might be the perfect option for you.
5. HOKA ONE ONE Mens Bondi 6 Running Shoe
- The shoe has a 6mm drop means that you are getting enough support through the heel
- Made of strong, but lightweight leathers and fabrics
- Has an outsole made from extra grip rubber
- You will feel the high quality of cushioned padding
- The ideal amount of room in the toe box
- They are made from premium shoes from the Hoka One One company
- For heavy runners these are more suited to light running
- The design may not be to everyones taste
Initially we found that this shoe was a little smaller than we would normally imagine, but we were pleasantly surprised when they fit just as snug as you would want. The right amount of padding is also balanced to give you excellent cushioning when you are running. At first the shoe does feel slightly tight, but as you wear it more it will mold to the shape of your foot.
The outsole of this shoe is there to give you the best grip underfoot. You will feel how strong it is when you start to put in some mileage on this shoe. One thing we did not like about this shoe was how thick the tongue was. It was so big that it felt to large and was slightly uncomfortable at first.
This shoe from Hoka One One is a good shoe for getting the product discount and the extra benefits of wearing a premium shoe.
6. adidas Performance Men's Solar Boost M Running Shoe
- No-sew construction ensures a comfortable fit
- Boost midsole provides cushioning and energy return
- 4-way stretch mesh upper provides excellent breathability
- Forefoot lacing system eliminates pressure points and keeps your foot at its ideal place.
- The woven nylon cage boosts flexibility and support.
- Very durable
- Great for long distance runs as well as interval training
- Cushioned sole provides comfort even on rough surfaces like asphalt
- Some Adidas buyers reported the shoes ran a half size small
- Other reviewers complained the shoes were not as durable as competitors' products.
The Adidas Performance Men's Solar Boost is part of adidas’ Boost line of shoes, which is designed to provide the ultimate in cushioning and flexibility. The midsole is made of a material derived from amorphous thermoplastic polyurethane, which is both lightweight and responsive.
The Boost midsole helps reduce contact time between foot and ground, and it returns more energy than foam. This is particularly beneficial for people who engage in high impact activities like running, playing basketball, and soccer. The 4-way stretch mesh upper provides breathability and support, and it won’t lose its shape.
7. Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe
- Great for lateral movement
- Can be used for fast runs and long distances
- Very comfortable and supportive
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 is a great pair of men’s running shoes because they are lightweight and can be used for both slow and fast running. They are also highly durable which makes them worth the price. The Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 are very comfortable and supportive with a great cushion that provides excellent shock absorption.
They are also extremely lightweight which makes them a great choice for those who want lightweight running shoes. Another pro is that the Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 14 are very comfortable and provide excellent support which is ideal for those with plantar fasciitis or flat feet.
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 14 are designed to provide ample ventilation to the feet while you run. It even has removable overlays that will help to keep your feet cool and well-ventilated when you run in hot weather. The solid TPU chassis of the Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 14 provides you with a good balance when you run, possesses excellent stability, and gives you a great natural foot position.
8. Saucony Men's Peregrine 7 Trail Running Shoe
- Well-constructed and high-quality materials
- Nice design
- Perfect for multi-terrain use
- Very reliable
- Great fit
- Incredibly stable
- Will last through a lot of extended use
- Not very breathable
- Complaints about the quality of laces
- Not great for long runs as they don’t have a wide toe box
The Saucony Peregrine 7 is a trail running shoe that is built for those who are just getting into trail running. As one of the least expensive shoes with a well established reputation Saucnoy Peregrine 7 is highly recommended. The Peregrine is great for those who are looking for a light shoe with reliable traction. The Peregrine is built for light trails and is not recommend for the rougher terrain, but does a great job on light trails with occasional gravel. Saucony Peregrine 7 works well in most weather conditions.
9. Saucony Men's Triumph ISO 3 Running Shoe
- Extremely lightweight
- Abrasion-resistant mesh and synthetic upper
- Signature EVERUN midsole
- Very responsive ride
- Ideal for runners that need to stay flexible
- Easy to maintain
- Great value for money
- May be a bit too narrow for some users
- Heel stability is a bit lacking
The Triumph ISO 3 is a neutral running shoe that is suitable for a variety of different running surfaces. The main features include Saucony’s EVERUN midsole which helps to provide maximum impact protection in order to improve overall running efficiency.
The midsole delivers excellent rebound, which provides you with a smoother ride than you would get with similar running shoes.
The shoe itself is lightweight, coming in at a mere 7.9 oz. This makes it extremely suitable for runners who would like to stay as light as possible, but still need a durable running shoe that can handle rough terrain.
10. New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Zante v3 Running Shoe
- The main cushioning is responsive, yet soft and the impact protection is excellent
- The heel supports are solid and stable, locking in your foot firmly without being stiff or tight
- The mesh tongue and bootie are tightly constructed and not likely to give in any stress areas
- Did we mention they are comfortable?
- They run a bit small
- The toe box is narrower than some runners may like, though it is par for the course with most running shoes.
This is one of the few shoes that provide a neutral ride. They offer all the comfort and stability of a stability shoe without sacrificing the look and feel of a neutral shoe. It’s no surprise to find them in the best running shoe list of 2016.
New Balance has outdone itself with the New Balance Zante v3 and has earned its spot on our list of the best running shoes.
11. adidas Men's Ultraboost 19 M Running Shoe
- Ideal for running
- Boost midsole technology
- Designed to match the natural motion of your foot
- Deep Black/Core Black color
- All black upper
- Runs small
Adidas has been a leader in athletic footwear for over a century, and they continue to produce high-quality shoes in the 21st Century. The brand sells performance shoes for many sports, including tennis, running, and football.
The Ultraboost 19 is one of the premier running shoes available. The upper is made from a seamless knitted material, which gives the shoe an almost barefoot feel. The Boost midsole is a foam-like material that provides extra cushioning and shock absorption.
Adidas has combined the comfort and performance of the Ultraboost 19 with a stylish look. The sneaker has a deep black and core black color scheme. It will work well on casual outings and will also look good with a pair of khakis and a button down shirt.
12. ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 20 Running Shoe
- It features GEL Cushioning in the heel and forefoot for all day comfort
- It has a dual color design, which offers a unique look
- It is firm without being too firm which is ideal for runners
- It did not show any signs of wear and tear even after months of use
- Available at an affordable price
- The ankle area is a bit bulky as compared to other running shoes
- It is not the best running shoe for running too many miles
The ASICS Men's Gel-Nimbus 20 is a great shoe no matter what your sport. From jogging in the morning to playing tennis after work, this shoe will stabilize your feet enough to let you stay in the game.
Based on the fact that they have been around for a long time and that both the professionals and amateurs utilize them, we feel that this is one of the best running shoes for men.
Once you start running with them you get a relaxed feel from these shoes. The cushioning system and the sole make you feel like you are not actually wearing a shoe, which means you can run freely. The gel cushioning absorbs the impact when you land when running, and the rear toe reinforcement keeps your toe from hurting during the impact.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best running shoes for men?
While footwear in general is barely regulated, running shoes actually are. Manufacturers are obliged to list the materials used, their weight, as well as the toe, heel, and foot arch height. As a result, you can maneuver easily in the big sea of running shoe options and select a pair made for your unique foot type and conditions. Running shoes are the second most popular item sold online, right after books.
But it’s not that easy. The overwhelming benefits of online purchasing (low prices, easier access) are offset by a lot of misinformation and mixed reviews. A single watch or dress can have a review section that overwhelms you with opinions and suggestions, but a running shoe usually has only one review.
To make sense of all of this, I’ve combined reviews from specialists as well as everyday customers in order to assemble the definitive guide to men’s running shoes.
Which running shoe has the most cushioning?
Most people expect running shoes to be really cushioned, because otherwise they’re like walking on concrete or plodding through mud. This isn’t how things work though. Even the most cushioned shoes need to have a thick sole to give runners the feel and support they need without feeling miserable.
Harder materials tend to last longer and the midsole is the area where the most wear happens. This makes choosing a shoe solely on level of cushioning that much harder. And it’s also an individual preference. Some runners prefer comfort over performance, while others want maximum performance.
What shoes make you run the fastest?
The most comfortable running shoes won’t necessarily be the most functional ones, and vice versa. The best shoes for you depend on your running style and your primary purpose for running.
Keep these guidelines in mind:
Lightweight running shoes are for serious runners who compete or train intensively. They usually weigh half as much as traditional running shoes and are not durable.
Moderate to stability running shoes are heavier and offer some support but are suitable for a wider range of runners.
Supportive running shoes are heavier, offer more support, and target moderate to serious runners.
What are the best running shoes 2021?
If running is your favorite sport, then choosing the best men’s running shoes in 2021 will be a very important decision. To help you select the best men’s running shoes, here is a list of top quality shoes we believe are best for you.
The Brooks Running Addiction is a top of the line running shoe. It is made of the breathable and resilient engineered mesh and this is mostly why individuals consider it a solid running shoe. The shoe weighs 12.6 ounces and is an extremely significant choice if you want to engage in a variety of long distance runs. Individuals love this shoe because it is so comfortable.
As a newbie in the world of running, you may be a bit lost at first with the amount of choices involved. You may be wondering if you should be going for a more cushioned shoe, or a more minimalist shoe. Well, your choice of running shoe depends on your needs, your preferences, as well as your running style. The “12 best running shoes” list at the end of this article should help you choose a shoe that suits your needs best.
|Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe||Best Overall|
|Saucony Men's Triumph ISO 3 Running Shoe||Budget Pick|
|Brooks Ghost 11||Upgrade Pick|