If you work in an office and are on your feet all day, you know how important it is to wear comfortable shoes. After all, you wear those same shoes all day long. After a while they can feel like a major detriment, making you want to escape at the earliest possible moment.
Luckily, there are tons of shoes out there designed to make wearing a pair of shoes for long hours bearable.
Obviously it is not practical to buy a new pair of shoes every three months, so it is important to find shoes that are comfortable now, but also long lasting.
I have put together this list with the best men’s shoes for standing all day so you can shop with confidence.
|Clarks Men's Escalade Step||Best Overall|
|Skechers Work Cottonwood Elks||Budget Pick|
|Mephisto Men's Cap Vert Slip-On||Upgrade Pick|
1. Clarks Men's Escalade Step
- Extremely comfortable
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easy to put on even with a shoe horn
- Comes in two widths
- Step-in feature allows you to get it on quickly
- Has a steel toe
- Great traction
- Gore-Tex is not too sweaty
- Boots seem to be holding up well
- The height is a little lower than you would expect
- The laces have started to fray a little bit in the middle of the shoe laces
- The sole is a little soft and seems to be wearing easily
Clarks is generally all around a very good brand for footwear. Wind and water resistant, these shoes are very good for someone who needs maximum comfort.
No metal pieces on the outside mean you don’t have to worry about getting zapped while you wear them. The steel toe also addresses that issue.
Great for wearing in wet conditions, they are also good if you have to work out in all kinds of weather.
Read more about the Clarks Men's Escalade Step
2. Rockport Men's We are Rockin Chranson Walking Shoe
- It offers a breathable leather upper
- Available in 6 colors
- The shoe has a stylish lace-up design
- Offers a durable leather lining
- It has air vents on the uppers for breathability
- Has superior moisture-wicking and comfort
- It has a flexible outsole that is built to last
- Available in sizes 6-15, including half sizes
- Many people do not like the smell
- Not ideal for those with wide feet
- It can fit too tightly around the toes
- Poor quality toe material
- Some parts of the shoe scratch easily
The Rockport Men’s We Are Rockin’ Chranson Walking shoes are high-quality and are available at an affordable price. Made with superior materials, these shoes give you excellent comfort and are ideal for any occasion.
The leather upper on these shoes is breathable and flexible. The Rockport walking shoe should be sprayed with a waterproof spray made for leather shoes, to ensure they’re completely protected.
Read more about the Rockport Men's We are Rockin Chranson Walking Shoe
3. Dunham Men's Windsor Waterproof Oxford
- Available in high and low styles for dress and casual wear
- Likeable design and pattern on a nice looking shoe
- Wide widths available – up to 2E
- The company offers a money-back guarantee
- Affordable price
- Laces with metal tips
- Padded collar
- Extra-thick, cushioned non-slip leather soles
- You can choose from five colors: black, taupe, brown, mahogany, and navy
- The company pays attention to details – the shoelaces are stitched, not just tied
- For people with a high arch – the toe box might be a little short
- If your foot is a bit wider – the 2E could be a bit tight
Read more about the Dunham Men's Windsor Waterproof Oxford
4. Skechers Segment The Search
- They look like real athletic shoes and stylish too
- Quality material used in making it
- It is very lightweight and has an inner lining
- This shoe offers more than 1,500 positive reviews on Amazon
- It is not for people with big feet
- There are some complaints on its quality and durability
Where do the Skechers Segment The Search Work Shoes stand in its class? With over 1500 positive reviews, it is the best in its class. This shoe has a wide toe box and will be more comfortable for you than other shoes that will fit you like a glove. Those shoes hurt your feet after walking in them for a long time. This shoe will not do that. This shoe can be used as an every day shoe and is just as good for casual wear to work. It has trendy styling and looks like a good athletic shoe, not a work shoe. It is available at a reasonable price also. The Skechers Segment The Search Work Shoes has many positive attributes over any other work shoe. If you are looking for a good work shoe to wear to work, this is the one that you want to get. It is easy on your feet and still makes you look professional at work.
Read more about the Skechers Segment The Search
5. Hush Puppies Men's Leverage Slip-On Loafer
- The perfect men's slip-on shoes
- A modern twist on a traditional style shoe
- Durable and lightweight
- Extremely comfortable due to the shock absorption of the sole
- They have a really slick design for dress or casual outfits
- The product is well-made and high-quality
- They are also very reasonably priced
- The shoe quality varies depending on the batch, as some orders have been found to be sub-par
- Also, some customers find that the shoe is more narrow than expected, but you can increase the width by stretching them over a chair
The Hush Puppies Men’s Leverage Slip-On Hush Puppies is a shoe that will be perfect for formal or casual wear. These shoes will be ideal for those that are on their feet a lot and need some support.
The interior is soft and comfortable on your feet. These shoes are stylish and have a brushed nubuck exterior with a dressy look. They are ultra lightweight and will add the perfect finishing touch to any outfit. You will find comfort in these shoes as they boast a springy and flexible sole and they also come with a padded tongue and collar to add to your comfort.
Read more about the Hush Puppies Men's Leverage Slip-On Loafer
6. Dansko Men's Wyatt
- Men’s ballet flat
- Breathable leather
- Cushioned foot bed
- Wide choice of sizes
- Most reviews give it 5 stars
- Somewhat rigid fit
- Some quality control issues reported
Dansko Men’s Ballet Flat has been a customer favorite for years due to their high-quality leather and comfort. The foot-bed has a cushion insole. This is wide enough to accommodate all anatomies.
Another factor that helps increase comfort is the UltraCush LiteTM insole in each shoe. It provides support and reboundability with each step. It also results in faster fatigue recovery at the end of each day.
Men who have had knee surgery also find the shoe helps relieve and prevent pain in the joint area. Studies have shown that the Dansko Shoe can actually help relieve pain in sensitive feet, legs, and backs.
Read more about the Dansko Men's Wyatt
7. Crocs Men's Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Slip on Comfortable Loafers Slip-On
- Waterproof – perfect for wet weather
- Removable insole
- Hard plastic bottom
- They’re comfortable and sporty
- Nearly no break-in period
- Minimal maintenance
- Fantastic for physically demanding jobs like working in a warehouse
- Great arch support
- Great for people with wide feet
- Can be worn with / without socks
- They’re heavy
- They’re not the most durable shoes on the market
- They’re a bit expensive
The Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Slip on is a fantastic shoe at a great price.
If you’re looking for something comfortable to wear with your work clothes and are on your feet a lot, these slip-on Crocs are absolutely perfect.
You can even clasp an included shoestring around the shoe to help it stay in place on your foot.
Read more about the Crocs Men's Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Slip on Comfortable Loafers Slip-On
8. Rockport Men's Total Motion Dress Cap Toe Oxford
- Versatile dress shoe for business and casual wear (not recommended for work environments which require steel toe protection)
- Adjustable ankle strap provides a comfortable fit
- Very lightweight – suitable for long-term standing
- Air Circulator technology provides all-day ventilation with practically no odor
Reviewers have given this shoe a variety of uses, from general daily wear to all-day comfort when shooting guns and fishing.
The high number of positive reviews are due to the shoe’s light weight, shock absorption, and ventilation. The fact that this shoe is so light makes it ideal for long shifts and standing for long periods of time. Even when you are stepping into water this shoe will compress enough to not feel cumbersome.
Because of its mesh ventilation it can be worn all day without the heat or odor buildup seen with some other running shoes.
Read more about the Rockport Men's Total Motion Dress Cap Toe Oxford
9. ECCO Men's Fusion Slip-On Loafer
- These are incredibly comfortable from the first day of wear
- The leather upper is soft and flexible
- Add additional support with good-quality inserts
- Supportive footbed provides all-day comfort
- Arch support is excellent
- They are affordable
- Very lightweight and flexible
- Walk in them and you won’t want to take them off! Definitely a great value
These are incredibly comfortable from the first day of wear. The leather upper is soft and flexible and the memory foam footbed conforms to your foot's contours. They are somewhat lightweight but supportive and you may experience some arch support that you don't get from cheaper models. These quite possibly can walk all over your other dress shoes.
A man's shoe will last longer if you take care of it. And don't forget, you should allow a little room for your toes to wiggle. You'll be surprised the support you get with a roomy fit.
These ECCO's are absolutely fantastic for a man who will be standing all day. If you got to be on your feet all day for work a great dress shoe that won't wear you down.
Read more about the ECCO Men's Fusion Slip-On Loafer
10. Skechers Work Cottonwood Elks
- This safety toe work shoe has the highest ratings in the industry
- Can be used as a part of a uniform or for working around the home
- Breathable leather inserts provide extra comfort that is hard to find in other shoes
- Foot support wraps around the ankle to keep this shoe securely locked on the user’s foot
- The shoe is not machine washable
- The size 12.5 ‒ 13.5 have mixed reviews and don’t fit as well as the other sizes
This safety toe work shoe from Skechers has the highest rating in the industry. It is often the number one choice among police, utility, and postal workers.
The shoe has the V-Stride technology which creates more force with every footfall. The front side of the shoe has excellent ventilation with a breathable leather inner sleeve and mesh fabric lining. These materials work together to increase the comfort of wearing the shoe.
The foots support around the ankle and stitching on the moccasin style is what keeps this shoe securely locked onto the foot.
Read more about the Skechers Work Cottonwood Elks
11. Mephisto Men's Cap Vert Slip-On
- Stylish exterior
- Slip on design
- Three eye lace type
- Resistant sole made from high-quality material and natural rubber
- Soft insole, leather upper, and fair pricing
- Shoe laces are attached and non-slip
- One size only
- A bit heavier than most slip-on styles
Known for outstanding workmanship, no company designs comfort with more passion than Mephisto. From the moment you put this on, you can tell the difference between a shoe that doesn’t hold up the promise and one that does. An orthotic inserts makes these shoes fantastic for our feet and we can walk around in them all day long without even realizing that we are doing so.
The Cap Vert SL is constructed with premium quality materials. The leather upper pairs well with the soft leather insole. It features a padded ankle collar and double elastic goring, which helps for easy on and off. The footbed is made with natural latex and cork that gives you the utmost comfort.
Overall this is considered a highly durable shoe that will last you many years. The sizing chart is available online and it provides you with exact measurements so there are no disappointments in size.
Read more about the Mephisto Men's Cap Vert Slip-On
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the most comfortable mens shoes for standing all day?
In order to stand tall for long hours, you need a pair of comfortable mens shoes. Typically, most comfortable shoes for standing all day are slip-ons that have thick or padded soles. Some shoes are designed with spring technology for comfort and to absorb shock, especially if your job includes a lot of jumping around. A thick sole and a comfort toe are particularly helpful for those who stand on concrete flooring all day, since the thick, rugged outsole can help take strain off your calves and spine while your toes can relax. If your job requires you to walk bare foot very often, you may want to get a pair of shoes with a smooth and non-slip rubber sole.
What are the best shoes to wear if you are on your feet all day?
For workplaces where you are required to stand in an upright position for long periods of time, it is important to have comfortable shoes. Most people work wearing uncomfortable shoes, and they end up suffering with blisters, calluses, and various types of pain.
You can avoid all of this damage and discomfort by wearing comfortable shoes while at work. Not only will you be more productive, but you will also limit long term foot and back injury.
Are memory foam shoes good for standing all day?
Memory foam shoes appear to be a no-brainer investment for someone looking for support and comfort while standing all day. However, there’s a lot more to it than what you’d think.
Many shoes advertised to be memory foam simply have a thin layer of memory foam lining to make them look like they’re memory foam. Most people don’t realize that memory foam is simply a sandwich of materials. The more layers there are, the more the shoe will cost, and the more support it will give you. For example, the outer sole of the shoe can be hard rubber that’s fixed to the memory foam, and the sides can be simple foam. This is one reason why the same memory foam shoe may not be comfortable on the left and right feet. This is because the memory foam material can be thicker on one foot than the other.
If you work in a job that requires you to stand all day (and shoe companies have made it easier for you by designing shoes that have plenty of cushioning) and still allow you to walk normally, then be sure to check out this page on the best men’s shoes for standing all day comfortably. We’re sure it can save you a lot of foot, back and knee pain.
|Clarks Men's Escalade Step||Best Overall|
|Skechers Work Cottonwood Elks||Budget Pick|
|Mephisto Men's Cap Vert Slip-On||Upgrade Pick|