Nail clippers. No matter where you turn someone may be talking about their nail clippers. Every year there are new reviews on the best nail clippers that are very similar. We don’t really need another review do we? Well, maybe not another nail clipper review… But what about a review that gives you a good idea of what to look for in a decent pair of nail clippers?
That’s what this guide is all about. We have put together the best nail clippers, the fact that we reviewed some of the toughest models should give you some confidence in your purchase.
1. Seki Edge Nail Clippers
- 100% stainless steel construction for safety and durability
- There’s rustproof coating to reduce the risk of tissue and skin irritation
- Sharp curved cutting edges for precise trimming
- Very comfortable gripping and handling
- Lightweight for easy grasping
- You can use this for your fingernails and toenails
- There’s no protective cap for storing the clippers
- May be a bit on the higher side in terms of pricing
- No glass window like many other nail clippers
The Seki Edge Nail Clipper is a great nail clipper for both men and women. They are well built, durable, and made from 100% stainless steel. They have sharp cutting edges and use specially designed in-house technology – resulting in perfectly straight and even cuts every time.
Stainless steel is considered to be the most ideal for home grooming tools because it’s very tolerant of a grooming and cleaning process. It’s very durable and long-lasting too.
Seki Edge has a very comfortable and easy to hold design. Which makes it ideal for both men and women.
2. Kohm CP-120L 5mm Heavy Duty
- Extremely tough material ensures the clippers stay sharp and last for years
- Features a wide mouth opening which makes cutting toenails simple
- The ergonomically designed handles make cutting nails comfortable
- The clippers are constructed of strong steel
- The blades are made using a strong material that stays sharp longer
- Very expensive clippers
- You must make sure that you can replace the blades and perform other minor maintenance yourself as the manufacturer does not provide this service.
And Women, For Thick Toenails or Tough Fingernails, Geriatric Clippers.
The Kohm CP-120L are professional quality clippers that are designed for regular use. They have a wide jaw which makes cutting toenails simple and the ergonomically designed handles make cutting your nails more comfortable.
The clippers are constructed of strong steel and the blades are made using a strong material that stays sharp longer.
3. Harperton Nail Clipper Set
- Exceptionally sharp and made of long-lasting stainless-steel
- Nylon handles that are very comfortable to hold
- A protective vinyl covering is added over the sharp edge for safety
- An ergonomic shape on the handles makes them easy to use
- They are easy to clean and maintain
- A nice gift option for both men and women
- The plastic is not of great quality and breaks quickly
- They don’t have great balance and may grate on your nails
- It is important to use a lot of force with them, which can make them difficult to use for children
- Cuticle Pusher for Men, Women, and Kids.
Hate long fingernails? So does Harperton. That’s why they created this nail clipper for both men and women to use.
This product is of very high quality and is built to last. It is sharp enough to get those tough nails without causing nicks or cuts. It is also durable enough to be used time and again. The handle is easy to grip, which makes cutting nails much easier.
4. FIXBODY Nail Clipper Set
- Available in both straight and curved sizes, for fingernails & toenails
- Sleek and durable
- The scissor-like grip is comfortable to use
- Comes in highly rated and loved set
When it comes to nail clippers, comfort and grip are key. And the FIXBODY Nail Clipper Set ensured that their product stood out from the pack.
What’s really great about this set is that it’s available in curved and straight angles for both fingernails and toenails. A great gift for an older family member or friend as well!
This set is available in a gorgeous, patent leather case. The case lends the set a more luxurious appearance and also protects the clippers from damage.
5. Victorinox Swiss Army Nail Clip 580 Swiss Army Knife
The Swiss Army Nail Cutter is another handy tool from Victorinox. It’s designed to have all of the necessary tools to ensure a clean and precise cut with all of your fingernails and toenails, from your thumbnails to your longest toe.
This product is made with solid stainless steel, with a non-slip grip to ensure the user’s comfort and safety. It also comes with a protective blade guard to protect hands from the sharp blades.
On the right handle, you have the nail file and on the left handle are the scissors. The nail file is pretty standard, nothing to write home about, but the scissors are a different story.
6. E Z Grip Scissor Like Nail Clippers
- The clippers are incredibly easy to use
- They grip the nail very tightly
- The blades are incredibly sharp
- The handles are shaped ergonomically, so they sit very comfortably in your hand
- Ideal for trimming Betta nails
- They come in a 2 pack, so you have a backup set
- The clippers can also be used to file down callus
- There have been some complaints that the clippers “snap” as the nail is cut
- The blades tend to rust
- This product is designed for fingernails and toenails, not Betta nails
We picked the E Z Grip Scissor like Nail Clippers as our top pick because of their ergonomic design, affordable price, and bulky handles. The blades are incredibly sharp, the handles are easy to grip, and they make nail trimming a breeze. Plus, you can use them for various other grooming tasks, like cutting thin calluses. The only disadvantage is that they may not be the most effective for clipping Betta nails. But that doesn’t seem to be a huge problem for most reviewers.
7. Keiby Citom Nail Clippers
- It is built with the highest quality materials and construction techniques
- The efficient design makes it ideal for precision clipping
- The 360 degree rotating head allows you to move into the most comfortable position to clip your nails
- Unique cover plates come in handy when you need to clean and dry the nail clippers.
Keiby introduces a new innovative nail clipper for adults. The Keiby 360 degree rotatable nail clippers.
Its head can be adjusted to the most comfortable position for clipping fingernails or toenails.
And, to your surprise, it has a special hook to help you get some ingrown nails out easily.
8. Nail Clippers Nail File Nail Trimmer Nail Cutter Nail Scissors Electric Nail File Baby Nail Clippers Finger Nail Clippers Baby Nail Trimmer Electric Nail Trimmer Manicure Tool
- Good quality
- Worth it
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best nail clippers for thick toenails?
This is a question that really only has one correct answer: individual nail clippers for each nail. But even this answer has several options, many of which we explore on this page. Why? Why should you have a separate pair of nail clippers for fingernails and toenails? For one, men and women have different, albeit similar, needs when it comes to grooming. So while there are many options for clipping toenails, virtually all of them will work fine for men, it’s just that women sometimes have different needs. For example, a set of toenail clippers that come with a handy case can be extremely convenient for men, but if you’re a woman, you’re probably less interested in storing your toenail clippers in a case than you are in making sure they’re easy to grip and use.
What are the best toenail clippers?
There are many factors to consider when choosing toenail clippers. These include the size and shape of your feet, the angle of your cut, and your cutting skill level. Keep in mind that small, curved, toenails are a little trickier to cut than flat, straight ones. Small, curved, even-length toenails are also easier to cut than long, curvy, irregular ones.
The better the quality of the clippers that you can afford, the better the angle and the smoother the edge will be. The best toenail clippers are shaped to make cutting easy and safe. They have sharp cutting edges, a comfortable grip, and high-quality construction.
Can I use toenail clippers on my fingernails?
Yes, you can. But always make sure to check the clippers’ description because some are meant to be used only on toenails, others on fingernails, and some on both. So, no matter what you’re clipping, make sure the clippers you’re using are correct for the job.
What are the different types of nail clippers?
What makes a nail clipper stand out from your standard shop variety is a sharp, precise edge that you can actually feel when you are clipping. For this to happen, the blades also need to be honed and the spring mechanism needs to be tightened well to really give proper leverage.
Some nail clippers have a scissor-like design. Others are plier-like. Some have a hook. Others have nippers similar to kitchen shears. The hardest part in choosing a nail clipper is choosing what to spend on it.
Please look at the following considerations carefully before deciding what the nail clippers you want may be:
Basic clipper: Good for your house or purse. If you are buying this as a gift for your wife or mom, you should make sure that the nail clipper has some weight to it. Weight gives the person the impression that it is made of higher quality and is stronger.
Our tests led us to the conclusion that the best nail clippers are from a three-way tie between Wahl, Seki Edge, and Tooguard. In terms of performance, they all seem to do an excellent job of clipping through nails. In terms of pricing, they are all “middle of the road”. The Tooguard gets the edge for having a suction cup that can be used to hold the clippers in place and for being the most ergonomic of the three.