We had our experts take a look at the Men's Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam to provide you with the inside scoop on its qualities.
Let’s see if it lives up to the hype.
- Minoxidil works quite well to grow new hair
- This particular formulation delivers 5% Minoxidil, which is the highest concentration available over the counter
- You get an extra bottle with this pack, which gives you a total of 3 months of treatment
- The formulation is a foam, which is less messy compared to an oil-based formula
- The price is right
- This is only an over-the-counter version. If you want the strongest version, you’ll have to go to the doctor and get a prescription
- Long-term results are still unclear
The men's Rogaine is a best seller on Amazon and sells thousands of bottles every year. It seems like it would have stood out in their marketing plans for easy sales, however it mostly came up through word of mouth and other social media. It's a surprising thing to see as the marketing for this product was not done properly and is one of the reasons why it is ranked near the bottom in the hair regrowth market.
The Rogaine did have some good things going for itself which include being a best seller in its category and being endorsed by dermatologists. It should have been easy for the company to promote overall. The only thing that they seem to have concentrated on were the pictures, saying very little about the actual product.
This is one of the main reasons that the Rogaine was rated so poorly. Most of the pictures showed generic guys with shaved heads and it did not show the actual product. Therefore, it is hard to know what you are buying. Other products that won recommends by dermatologists also featured pictures of their actual products, as did all of the hair growth treatments that were recommended in our survey.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: 14 Best Hair Growth Products for Men & Women That Work